Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life Purge

Sometimes I feel like I'm too busy to blog.  My day starts and ends and most days it feels like I have no time for myself.  My days are spent DOING for other people, and I need to make time for me.  Blogging seems to give me that, so I really need to take the time and do a regular post.  I'm worth it.

It seems like a lot has happened since I last did a post.  Let's recap.

Thanksgiving.  It was soooo great this year.  Thanks to the lovely Pratt sisters for including us in your festivities.  Sure, we missed our families, but honestly, this was probably the most fun Thanksgiving I have ever been a part of.  It started early and ended late.  Lots of drinking, laughing, cooking, and eating.  Susannah and I made tshirts for everyone and girls dressed up like Indians and the boys like Pilgrims.  Not at all politically correct, but so fun nonetheless.  Munch dressed up like a bat...he likes to sing his own tune, what can I say. 

 Susannah and Peter...showing that Pilgrim who's boss
 Indian making biscuits
 Husband and Me
 Peter, the alpha male
 Susannah and me
 No words for this one
 This is the best family photo you get when you give a drunk indian your camera
 Full Kitchen
 The bat convinced many a people to hold him
Susannah giving Munch some tips on life and love

My camera broke, so from here on out, expect nothing but iPhone photos.  I'm working on getting a new camera, but for various reasons, I don't have one yet.  And just in case you were wondering, Best Buy sucks.  Everytime I see that stupid commercial about price matching, I want to punch someone in the face. 

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to switch to Christmas.  Garrett hung lights on our house this year which I am soo excited about.  We also bought a Christmas tree this year...and we have room for it...and so far, the dogs haven't knocked it over.  So, I was apprehensive to get a real tree, not gonna lie.  Garrett wanted one, so I entertained the idea.  If you know me, you'll know I'm a tad bit OCD about certain things...spacing is probably one of the biggest.  Some friends of ours laid their own bathroom tile and the grout lines gave me high blood pressure for god's sake.  The thought of having to pick a real tree with a side that laid perfectly enough to look at for a month...then the lights, oh the lights.  How would we ever get them spaced evenly...and the ornaments...nothing makes me cringe more than a tree with mismatched hand glued ornaments.  I'm going to make a terrible mom someday, I know.  Don't judge.  But anyway, I picked out a tree that is PERFECT.  Garrett strung those lights like an engineer, and did an awesome job.  I bought some lovely ornaments on the cheap.  So our tree totally looks like a Display tree and I couldn't be more pleased.  Best tree ever. Here's a pic...from the iPhone.  Sorry.

Other than that, I've been working, skiing, Christmas shopping, riding this handsome guy: 
Overall, life is pretty good right now.  Bring on the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. It's my point and shoot...the lens no longer comes out and the display is blurry. It went in the garbage can!

    ReplyDelete