Wednesday, December 7, 2011

30, But Who's Counting

Today I'm 30, and actually I'm completely okay with it.  Sure I liked saying I was still in my twenties, but mostly so I could taunt my husband.  The truth is, I'm happier now than I have ever been, so what's not to like about that?  I'm having so much fun right now, as evidenced from the photo above. 

In 30 years of life, I have learned a lot...and some things I am still working on. 

I have learned that my husband is and always will be the most important person in my life.  I love my parents to the moon and back, but it's different.

I have learned that there is nothing better than coming home to the love of your dogs.  The sloppy kisses and extreme excitement just from your presence makes for a happy soul. 

I have learned that having good girlfriends should not be taken for granted.  If you find them, keep them.  Always.

I have learned to try and get to know people before judging them.  I blame this trait on a terrible, clicky highschool, but I'm working on it.  I have found the odds are, if I take the time, I actually like most people.  Who'd a thought??

I have learned to ignore things that bug me if they don't matter.

I have learned that I can't keep everything to myself.  It's okay to talk to people.

I have learned that I am quick to be a bitch if I don't like a situation.  I'm working on it.

I have learned to not take my health for granted.  It can be taken so quickly with no warning.

I have learned that I'm bossy and I need to tone it down a bit.  People generally don't like to be bossed around even if I'm right and they're wrong and the world would be a better place if they just did what I said.  See, progress.  Right?

Anyway, here's to another great year!  Hopefully there will be some exciting things going on within the next year.  At the very least, I hope to take the Bitch thing off my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment