Friday, November 18, 2011

This and That

Finally it's Friday.  And I could not be happier about this fact. 

Twice a year, I have this big thing I have to do at work.  It takes weeks of planning and stressing and phone calls.  It was yesterday and everything went great, but I would be straight up lying if I said I didn't almost have 3 strokes yesterday or almost break into my emergency vodka in my desk drawer.  Now I have 6 months to forget about it and do it all over again. 

We've had beautiful sunny weather all week.  A huge storm is supposed to roll in today and ruin all my weekend plans.  Dear Weather, WHYYYY?????

My birthday is in 20 days.  I will be 30.  Good God. 

My skis are in the process of being painted HOT PINK.  I am giddy with excitement. 

Thanksgiving is next week! I can't believe it's already that time of year again.  Garrett and I will be spending Thanksgiving with friends this year.  There is a lot planned for the turkey day festivities, some of which include screen printed t-shirts, feats of strength games, a lasagna cook-off and lots and lots of booze.  Right up my alley, can't wait!!

Speaking of the holidays, Christmas is just around the corner.  Finally, I have a home big enough to accommodate a Christmas tree.  Our old house, a tiny little bungalow, just did not have room.  It was actually one of the first things I mentioned when we made an offer on our new house...it will fit a REAL ADULT SIZED CHRISTMAS TREE!  Now the question is, real or fake.  I'm  torn but am leaning towards buying a fake pre-lit tree and here's why.  My one reason for wanting a real Christmas tree is the lovely smell.  That lovely smell, however, is replicated with the purchase of THIS candle.  A fake tree is easy to deal with, will last me for years and I don't even have to string the lights.  Oh and I'm 75% certain the first thing Munch would do is lift his cute little leg.

Enough rambling for one day.  It's Friday.  Have a great weekend everyone!

And since nobody enjoys a post without a photo, I'll leave you with this cute little guy.  Sleeping backwards in his bed...he is such a trend setter, that little Munch.

No comments:

Post a Comment