Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rainbows and Butterflies

Oftentimes, I find myself completely obsessed with reading other peoples' blogs.  It's a total time suck, but there are days when I cannot get enough.  And here's why...their perfect lives, their perfect kids, their perfect house, their perfect husbands.  When I read blogs, it's as if everything is all rainbows and butterflies all the time and I'm completely jealous.  How can they have everything and be so perfect??  But then I look at my blog, and despite a terrible day or terrible MONTH, I'm guilty of the same thing.  My blog looks as if my life is perfect.  It's a total ruse, but I guess I just don't like to write about the crappy stuff, and I'm not sure anyone wants to read the crappy stuff.  Anyway, my point. No one is perfect.  Everyone has problems.  It's life and we should embrace it.  All of it.

2 comments:

  1. (Enter Sarcastic tone here)
    And here I thought you had this perfect life in Utah with no problems what so ever. So now my vision of me moving out west, buying a couple horses, and a couple dogs with cool names has been put on the back burner now. I mean...if your life is as normal as mine is here in Michigan...well...I may as well just embrace this crazy thing called "Life".
    P.S. love the boys pictures with the Santa Hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you!! And I love to read all the who-ha of happiness that other people put out there. Do you have any blog favorites you can recommend? I need more to read :)

    ReplyDelete